The quality of water is something that many of us don’t think about — until there’s a problem with it or with their health.
Not only is Northern Water Cleaners dedicated to understanding polluted water, how water affects our body, and the healing properties of clean water; but we are also mindful about our processes and are continually finding ways to be low-to-no waste.
ABOUT NORTHERN WATER CLEANERS
- In 1957, Ernie Butler and his family were driving through the Rocky Mountains, near Banff, Alberta, and stopped to take a drink out of one of the streams flowing down the side of the mountain. Ernie wondered why the fresh mountain water tasted so much better than the city tap water. This was just the beginning of Ernie’s investigation into finding out how the water changed from the source to our homes.
- Ernie knew Chlorine was a necessary chemical in the treatment of drinking water because it killed water borne diseases, such as cholera, diphtheria, anthrax, and E Coli. Our water is not safe without chlorination. But, although essential, the use of Chlorine was implemented without the testing of side effects at the time this information was scarce.
- Today we know chlorine must be put in our water. Chlorine has a very unhealthy effect on human health and must be removed before we consume the water.
- Chlorine has very unhealthy effects on human health when it is combined with water and organic materials. Moreover, this combination causes the growth of Trihalomethanes (TMHs). These four trihalomethanes have been proven to be carcinogenic chemicals.
- The realization of what we were drinking from the water and using to prepare our food, showering, etc., motivated Ernie even more to eliminate the dangers in our domestic, household water.
- A growing number of different chemicals, pharmaceuticals, and other contaminants MUST be removed from our drinking water before we drink it or shower and bath in it.
- Dr. Joseph Price http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/chlorine-cancer-and-heart-disease/ a scientist and leading researcher in chlorinated water and its effects, Price finds that Chlorine is the Biggest Killer and Crippler of people in the world today.
- After researching Dr. Price’s findings, Ernie Butler began collecting data measuring sizes of pollutants measured through the periodic table of measurement including chemicals, chlorine, lead, organic material, and many more pollutants.
- Butler was quick to realize these pollutants were not healthy and should be removed.
- Butler looked at Reverse Osmosis and distillation means of water treatment. Both of which cannot make water healthy to us throughout our whole home.
- You can read more about Reverse Osmosis and Distillation here.
- Butler looked and researched the oldest known water filtration process Granulated Activated Carbon. G.A.C. He found GAC was used as far back as 6,000 years.
- GAC was used successfully by the romans and has been improved on with trial and error and years of positive research using new carbons discovered in 1963.
- Butler uses 4 different types of GAC in cleaning household water.
- The newer being coconut shell carbon. Coconut Shell Carbon cleans household water more efficiently than any other process. Coconut Shell Carbon leaves the home water clean and healthy.
- Leaving minerals and thousands of nutrients our body needs for everyday health.
- While still leaving the mineral and nutrients, Northern Water Cleaners remove thousands of chemicals that are found in water every day. Chlorine is a direct threat to our health. Lead, Pharmaceuticals, Trihalomethanes (TMS), TMS’s are a direct cause of cancers. Additionally, Butlers research found some bacteria have become immune to chlorine.
- Butler decided a precaution must be taken. He added and patented the bactericidal system to be installed within the N.W.C. filter bed. Northern Water Cleaners carries a world-wide patent on the water filtration system
- What resulted from his research was a pollution removal system that cleans all the pollutants from the water, regardless of size, while leaving the healthy minerals and thousands of nutrients people need every day.
- Northern Water Cleaners was a result of Ernie Butler’s long and determined search to bring the mountain fresh water into each of our homes. The Northern Water Cleaner system has been developed, tested, and has successfully lived up to its reputation. There is no system that has the cleaning capability as the Northern Water Cleaner system.
Reaction to a problem, however, is precisely how Northern Water Cleaners came to exist. When a water pollution crisis struck Moose Jaw and Regina, SK, back in 1985, Mr. Ernie Butler took it upon himself to devise a new water filter, one that would use granulated activated charcoal. It addressed several issues and proved a significant step up from reverse osmosis and distillation.
Realizing that he needed more security against bacteria, Mr. Butler developed and patented a bactericidal system to ensure that any residual bacteria were eliminated. Helped by independent laboratories. Mr. Butler developed an improved prototype to address that issue. The result — a patent for the world’s only cost-effective, industrial water treatment system able to remove all impurities from water, while ensuring that bacteria does not grow within the filter.
In 1984, the Northern Water Cleaner system gained interest worldwide. Testing and approving of effectiveness led to the worldwide use of our units in Germany, South America, Chili, India, Great Britain, France, and the U.S.A. When earthquakes shook and destroyed Haiti’s water system, Northern Water Cleaners made sure to send engineers to assist in securing a clean water source. As a result, the Haitians are now installing Northern Water Cleaners as a common practise. The year 1984 Butler won the Export Achievement Award for Saskatchewan.
This work and successful achievement by Northern Water Cleaners has been utilized in many countries around the world.
Northern Water Cleaners are cleaning water for First Nation Reserves across Canada – reservations that have been on water boil advisories for decades.
Today, Northern Water Cleaners remains a privately owned company that values innovation, responsibility, and intelligence in everything we do. All the while, we pride ourselves on helping people worldwide achieve one aim — clean water throughout homes, condo’s, offices, restaurants, as well as cabins and RV units.
Learn more about how our technology works and what we do. Give us a call today at 877-694-6555
We are in homes across Canada and worldwide since 1984 – everyone deserves clean and healthy water.